Friday, April 29, 2011

Emotional Roller Coaster

     After a wonderful week with my girls, I dropped Taryn off at the airport this morning. I hugged her, made sure she had everything she needed, got back in the car and cried all the way home. Part of me wanted to park the car and go in with her to make sure she was checked in and everything was fine. The other part of me wanted to let her do this on her own knowing she's 18, lives on her own and can do anything she puts her mind to all by herself. It's just that she's never flown by herself before and seeing her walk through those big automatic doors and into the terminal she looked 9 years old to me. The same way Kylie looked last Spring when I dropped her off to go visit friends. I cried all the way back home that time too.
     I called Eli who is still frantically packing back in Washington hoping to pull out of there in a Uhaul by 2pm. He let me cry to him for a bit then I pulled myself together and got on with my day. I dreaded that I will have to do this all over again because Kylie's flight is tomorrow.
     A couple of hours later, Taryn called to say that her flight had been delayed twice and she was able to get on the flight with Kylie tomorrow instead. So Kylie went to pick Taryn up and we got to keep her for one more night! They are at the pool now with Jonah and I am packing up our condo.
     I paced the floor all morning with knots in my stomach wondering if we will get the condo we are hoping for or if I will have to go with an alternate one and try to get it all ironed out before Eli and the Uhaul get here in 48 hours. No pressure at all! I finally got the answer about an hour ago. We got the beautiful condo we wanted and I can have the keys at 4:oo today!!! I wouldn't be surprised if everyone back in Washington heard me sigh and then cheer. I am so relieved. So is Eli. I'm packing up and cleaning the temporary condo surprised at how much excess stuff we've acquired in just one month. I can't complain though. Poor Eli is tackling a 3000 square foot house that we''ve lived in for 7 years. I'm just packing a 1 bedroom condo after one month. A big shout out to Kaye Lind, Ken Arthur, Matt Specht and, of course, Mom for helping him with this overwhelming task.
Please send out good vibes for Eli's trek back out here with our "cheddar". That's what Matt called all of our stuff.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing journey you are on. I really enjoy reading your posts and wish you all well.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete